Can I mix textures when placing my order?
Yes, you may mix textures when placing your order. You may want a coarser bundle at the top for blending and a slightly coarse bundle at the bottom to reduce the overall volume of the install. To place your order with different textures, you should select the options you want for your first texture and add to cart, then select the next set of options for your second texture and add to cart as well.
Can I request for specific textures and patterns?
Because of the nature of this product, there may be slight variances from bundle to bundle. Some bundles may be more wavier/curlier than others. If you are looking for a very specific pattern or texture, you can customize your order by placing your order HERE
**Please note that unless you do a custom order, we cannot guarantee requests for specific textures and patterns, however we are happy to discuss your specifications with you and let you know the chances of you getting what you request**
Dealing with Dryness and Breakage
Dryness is a common issue with hair extensions because the hair is no longer receiving a coat of sebum, or oils produced by our skin, from our sebaceous glands. The lack of sebum also contributes to more hair friction resulting in more breakage and hair loss.
Accordingly, we need to add moisture to hair units for manageability and refrain from certain practices that make this issue even worse. This is why we recommend against dying the hair if it has already been processed for a curl/wavy/relaxed texture or for a color. The additional process strips the hair of moisture even further.
Applying excessive heat, washing the hair too frequently and using products with drying agents like alcohol are big NO NO's. Remember, this is human hair and prone to damage just like naturally growing hair. The more processed the hair, the drier it will be.
Dryness and friction can lead to brittle hair that sheds frequently so extra steps are needed to preserve the life of your extensions and lace wigs. To prevent excessive hair loss, here are some steps you should take:
- Use mild shampoos that are not harsh on the hair and follow with a conditioner.
- Refrain from using blow-dryers as the hair is best air-dried.
- Wrap hair with a satin or silk head-scarf at night to avoid friction.
- Refrain from scratching hair. This friction causes breakage.
- Avoid friction by not combing or brushing the hair too frequently.
- For lace wigs, keep conditioners away from the base of your cap. Buildup here brings about bacteria growth which leads to loosening of the knots and breakage.
- Avoid over-using heating appliances like flat irons and curling irons. Just as with naturally growing hair, excessive heat will cause dryness, split ends and breakage.
Because of the natural state of this product, the colors ranges from natural brown or black to medium brown and light brown.
You are not guaranteed to get the same color running throughout the wefts, therefore colors cannot be guaranteed. You should be prepared to dye the bundles to your desired color preference, if necessary.
The hair can be colored with professional permanent, semi-permanent and cellophane coloring products. Remember, the darker the hair is, the more effort that may be required to lift the color.
How many bundles of hair or How much hair do I need for a full head?
All of our hair extensions are priced by weight in 3.5 - 4 oz bundles. For lengths 8-20", you need 7 - 8 oz (2 bundles) for a full head. For longer lengths such as 22" and up, you may need 21 - 24 oz (3 bundles). Please note that the longer the wefts, the shorter the tracks, hence you need more hair for long lenghths.
Input "2" for quanity when ordering in order to get 7 - 8 oz (2 Bundles) of hair delivered to you and input '3" for quantity in order to get 21 - 24 oz (3 Bundles).
Due to the raw state of this hair and the method of collection, you may get several bundles of hair in different ounces. However, the total cumulative amount when weighted will be 7+ oz. If you are interested in customizing the weight of your bundles, please contact us and we'd be happy to work with you.
Our Platinum Hair collection comes in lengths ratios of twos. When you order, for example, 16-18" length, you will receive bundles that are 16", 17", or 18". Ensure you order the correct length range. For example, if you want an 18" length, do not order 16-18", You should order length 18-20". That way, you can receive the 18" length you need or longer.
**Please note that this only pertaining to hair from our Platinum Collection.**
What are 'Blends'?
Our blends are hair extensions from the platinum collection (Russian Fed and South American Hair) which we have hand created based on availability. Blends will vary based on the contribution of our donors. We typically blend the extensions by hand to give you enough for a full sew-in. Blends are sold as is and may not sold individually. However, if you want a certain bundle out of a blend, you can notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Blends typically ship in 24 - 48 hours. If you do not want the particular blends we offer, (maybe the lengths are too long or short or maybe you need bundles that are coarser or softer) you have the option of placing a regular order HERE
What are Patterns and How do i choose a Pattern?
Pattern refers to the curl/wave structure in the hair. Hair patterns can help you correctly identify the patterns in your own hair. If you plan to blend your own hair with hair from the platinum collection, understanding hair patterns can make your blending process seamless. For ex, if you hair is a Wavy A pattern, blending type A pattern will be much easier than blending type C pattern.
To understand more about the different patterns we carry, please click HERE
What does Wavy/Curly mean?
This means that there is a wide range of patterns in this category. Patterns in this category ranges from soft wave, medium wave, soft wave with a ringlet curl on the ends, to a loose curl. Please note that due to the virgin state of this hair, you may receive any of these patterns in your wavy/curly order. There is no guarantee you will get the same pattern for all bundles.
What is a 'Supplement'?
Typically, a client requires 7 - 8 ounces of hair for a full sew in with our extensions. This is considered a 'full head' or 'full blend'. A SUPPLEMENT is a smaller blend that weighs 5 ounces or less and is typically comprised of 1- 3 bundles of hair. A client may choose to purchase a supplement if:
- She plans to do an install or create clip-ins and just needs a few ounces to achieve her desired hair vision
- She has previously purchased one of our blends and would like to add volume or length to that existing blend.
- She wishes to use it to create a custom closure
Please note that Supplements are created based upon availability. When we do have supplements available, they will be featured on our website HERE
To purchase a supplement, please follow these guidelines:
- Ensure you review the photo of the supplement closely as it provides the best representation of the pattern, texture and luster of the hair.
- You can purchase multiple supplements to make your own custom blend. However, ensure you are picking and choosing blends that match in texture and pattern. Also ensure you have selected enough quantity to complete a full sew in.
- Do not purchase a pattern that is significantly different from your existing blend if you intend to match it to your existing blend. For ex. purchasing a supplement in Straight Wavy Pattern 2A to match with a Curly 3A
- Do not install the supplement until you have had the opportunity to inspect it to ensure it aligns with your desired hair vision. Used Supplements CANNOT be returned.
What is the Production Time Frame?
This is the length of time it takes to prepare your order when it is received to the time it is shipped. Most of our products are custom crafted. Extensions from the platinum collection are blended by hand, then wefted. Custom products can take approximately 2-6 weeks (depending on the product). Most orders are being shipped out right at the 3rd or 4th week.